You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Monday, March 2, 2009

And That Was Just the First 10 Minutes

I woke up to your sister nursing and you climbing on the bed this morning, waving a flashlight around. Half awake, I couldn't quite figure out where you had gotten that. Time to get up, I told you we needed to get everyone's diaper changed. You ran off to play while I took GG to the potty. When I came out of the bathroom to find a new diaper for her, I saw your legs dangling off the changing pad. You had climbed up the ottoman in her room and you were laying on the changing table singing to yourself. I was a little shocked to see you there. I changed you and got you back to the floor. On my way to get back to GG I told you to go sit in your chair at the table and I would start oatmeal for breakfast. You said in your whiniest voice, "nooo, I'm going to have cereal". I said to you, "no, I think we're going to be eating oatmeal today." You looked back at me and said, "Goooood luck!"

I really didn't have a follow up to that one. This all happened in the first 10 minutes of being awake. If I hadn't laughed so hard, I probably would have thought I'd just dreamed it up, but no, that was real.

I found the stool from the bathroom in front of the pantry door (where the flashlight usually hangs) and a new box of cereal bars on the counter which you also told me you were having for breakfast. Time to get the child lock knob on the door. What would possess you to go there first when you woke up, I don't know, but I do understand why people shouldn't have guns in their homes with small children. Very scary what you could get in to.

Oh, and if any of you are considering switching your toddler to a toddler bed.... DON'T! If they're not climbing out of the crib yet, leave them there. It's safer and much easier. When they can ask for the car keys, you might reconsider it then! you know I'm just joking. sort of.

1 comments:

The Mama said...

That sounds like a little 3 yr old in my house. Hmmmm....? They really do do the darndest things!