You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fortunate News

Everyone has had the same reaction. Blessings always come with babies. It amazes me how blessed our life has been since you were conceived. We thought back and realized that the week after you began growing, Daddy was given a work van and the responsibility of running an electrical job. Then my proposal to work from home so I can be with you was approved. That day, I prayed for us to get good news about Daddy's residency. We've waited for so mnay years and this one last thing hanging over our heads would make everything perfect if it would just go away. And just like that, Daddy got the good news that same day that he had been approved you are our little miracle, and right from the beginning, you have been cloaked in good kharma and beautiful blessings. It is so amazing.

I must mention, too, some of the reactions we have been getting the last couple of days when telling all our good news. Uncle Augie was the most touching. Daddy handed him the envelope with the approval letter and when he realized what it was, his eyes shot open and he teared up. Daddy explained while he read. He got up and gave Daddy a long hug. He gave one to me too and when he started to go sit down, I took him by the shoulder and said he should wait, there was more. He looked at both of us in disbelief and when I told him "we're having a baby, too," his eyes rolled and he covered his face and then smiled, and gave us both a hug at the same time. He cried and we cried and he was elated. He thinks you are a girl. I still can't guess.

We called Aunt Tete later and when we told her we had some good news, she said "are you pregnant?" Daddy said "no.... but I did get approved." We had her on the speaker phone and she's yelling and so excited. She said she didn't want to ask about a baby but she had a dream Saturday that we had a baby girl. So then Daddy said, "well, actually, we ARE having a baby." She didn't believe us at first. Then she was crying and laughing and so excited. So I think we're up to 4 to 1 that you are a girl. I think its funny so many are predicting this early.

0 comments: